New Day Academy Charter School
Please visit New Day Academy Charter School's
Accredited by the Western Association
of Schools and Colleges
- Increased API school-wide growth score in 2011-2012 by 67 points to 791
- Increased API school-wide growth score in 2010-2011 by 35 points to 729
- Met all AYP goals since opening in 2009
214 West 1st Street
Alturas, CA 96101
Phone Number: 530-233-3861
K-12 students in Shasta, Lassen, and Modoc Counties
New Day Academy’s mission is to provide an innovative personalized learning program that honors parental choice. We support our students with a wealth of educational resources, a commitment to excellence, and a desire to nurture the unique nature of every child.
New Day Academy strongly believes that each student should be supported with the appropriate resources to realize their full potential. We operate on the understanding that
- Strong core competency skills are critical to successful lifelong learning.
- All students have different learning styles, abilities, and background experiences. As important as “what” a student learns is “how” a student learns.
- Developing an educational plan tailored to meet a student’s learning style, abilities, strengths, and areas of need allows them to flourish.
- Students with strong support will become self-motivated, and organized lifelong learners, able to use different sources of information and complete tasks.
- Powerful teacher-student relationships are a motivating factor toward success.
- Opportunities for distance learning and online education are encouraged and supported to help students be successful in the age of technology.
- Beyond core courses, providing a variety of elective course options allows students to find their individual path and life goals.
- Parents, supported by trained educators with effective, standards-based curriculum, provide an excellent education to their children.
New Day Academy partners with families choosing to school their children at home by providing the following:
- A highly qualified credentialed teacher to monitor student progress, assign curriculum, review work, and act as a mentor to parents and students
- An experienced academic high school counselor who meets with students grades 8-12 several times per year
- A vast array of standards-based curriculum choices to support students at all academic levels
- An online library available to parents and teachers
- A bookmobile to deliver academic materials to all areas of service
- A wide array of vendors offering courses in art, music, cooking, sewing, martial arts, dance, foreign language, and more.
- Academic tutoring in Mathematics, Language Arts, and Science
- An active field trip program
- Concurrent enrollment for high school students at local community colleges
- Online courses at all academic levels
- WASC Accreditation
- A-G approved high school courses
- Special Education services for students with special needs
Our staff is service-oriented and committed to using our resources to support and meet the needs of our students. Feel free to call our office at:
if you have any questions about our program.